Tipperary: Don’t get caught tripping in Tipp
What a week it has been in Tipperary. It has lived up to its name in being one of the most competitive constituencies in the country, with punters getting stuck in to a number of selections.
- Jackie Cahill has accounted for 35% of bets placed on the market. From an opening price of 14/1, the Fianna Fail councillor is nowto take one of the 5 seats up for grabs.
Cahill was one of four Fianna Fail candidates that stood in Templemore Thurles in the 2014 local elections. He came away with 5.86% of the vote, fourth out of the four Fianna Fail runners. The money has spoken here and he now looks the favoured of their three runners here, marginally shorter than Michael Smith and Siobhan Ambrose appears to be making up the numbers.
- Sitting TD Mattie McGrath has a battle on his hands for the fifth seat. However, this didn’t stop customers taking the initial price of Evens. He looks plenty short now atand we are happy being a layer at the current price.
- Minister for the Environment, Alan Kelly, has been the most well backed Labour runner in the country. Nowfrom an opening 4/9.
- Love him or Hate him, Michael Lowry looks to have one of the safest seats in the country and theavailable reflects this. A probable poll topper here, he is available atto get the most first preferences in the country.
Dublin Rathdown: The Rathdown and dirty in the the big smoke
The newly formed Dublin Rathdown, Part of the old Dublin South looks a fascinating contest.
- Shane Ross is nailed on for one of the three seats at. Which leaves two seats for the remainder to scrap it out.
- Sitting TD’s Alex White and Peter Mathews are on their way out by the looks of things.
- The market move for Josepha Madigan, 4/1 in tohas spoken volumes.
- We now make Shatter and Madigan both 73% chances of getting a seat in the next Dail.
- Fianna Fail are running Senator Mary White. She has gone untouched in the market and one must wonder what kind of resources the party are putting behind her.
- Two Fine Gael seats in Dublin Rathdown are looking increasingly likely.